Friday, February 15, 2008

I'd Give You the Moon. . .


Sometimes children ask for easy things; in fact, when they are younger it is usually the easy stuff.


Can I have some milk?

Can I go with you?

Hold me please?

These are just a small sampling of the requests I got today from our two year old foster daughter. We don't know how long she will be with us so we are eager to please, creating a bond with her so she will feel loved and secure while with us.

Meeting their needs helps. I got the little stuff today.

When Neil came home the request was a little bigger and not so easy to fill.

M (who we found out is actually an "A") looked up and saw something big and bright in the sky.

She looked to Neil, my husband, and asked him, "what's that?"

He said, "It's the moon."

"Get it!" A said.

"I can't get it."

"Too big," A innocently asked?

"Yeah, too big," he replied.

"Oh," she said, and ran off to play with her foster sisters.

~Susan

Set your affection on things above,
Not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:2

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is priceless. Love your added photos.. A is a little smarty and very fortunate to be loved by you.. Love you lots, Jennifer

Brianna said...

Mom, post again! post again!

Love you, Bri

Susan said...

Thanks Jennifer, I love the photos too. But I can't take credit for them, Brookie did it for me. :)

xoxoxox
Susan

Kathy Cassel said...

Awww. I miss foster care. The state of FL says we have too many children to do care.

Susan said...

Dear Kathy,

Too many children? Can there be such a thing! Florida shouldn't look at the size of your family or house, but the size of your heart. Thanks for stopping by. I am supposed to be going to bed now, but I think I will go visit your blog first!

Susan