Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Adoption! Our Story

Well, to those few who may still follow me after my long hiatus, I definitely want to update you on the latest:

I recently signed adoptions papers! Jaden no longer needs to be "J" - is officially an adoption placement now! It won't be final for about 3 months, but that is nothing compared to the last 2 years!

For those of you wanting to adopt your foster kids, I just wanted to encourage you that it does happen. And not always when you think it will. If I look back over all the children I have fostered (and tried to adopt or wanted to) Jaden would have been the last one I would have ever thought would stay with me!

Jaden came to us at 5 months old, visually impaired was all we knew at the time. Not because anyone mentioned this, but because when he opened his eyes it was obvious. He had both bio parents, two sets of grandparents and aunts and uncles on both sides. I knew he was going. I warned everyone NOT to get attached. Like usual, no one listened to me.

I actually need to go. Sorry. Forgot about Good Friday Service! I will continue the saga later.

~Susan

5 comments:

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

new to your blog!! fabulous!! we are adopting our little man soon tooo!!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Hi Susan,
I found your blog today and have read much of it. I see you haven't posted in a while and I hope you will. Please let us know if you were able adopt Jaden. Our adoption was made final on June 9th of this year.

Susan said...

I have been busy with Jaden and my three college age kids! I also forget to ever check if anyone reads this thing. :-)

Jaden's adoption is final tomorrow! July 30th. I am still in shock a bit. WOW!!!

Thanks for reading and congratulations to you. I do enjoy writing and sharing our story so I will try and update soon.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Hey I have a funny story to tell you about our adoption day. I could not figure out what to wear to court that day. Just could not do it. I stood in my underwear for the longest time trying to decide and then I started laughing at myself. I suddenly knew why I couldn't figure out what to wear... I had never become a mother before with my clothes on!

Congratulations to you and your family and especially Jaden. What a happy ending and beginning for him.

Susan said...

That is so funny! How did you know what was on my mind? I have no idea what to wear to court either.

First, I do not have much to choose from. Second, what is appropriate? What will make me happy when I look back at the pictures? The clothes won't be what I see!

It is an odd thing to worry about when I am about to "officially" become a mother seventeen years after the last time I gave birth!

And sadly, I have not lost the baby weight from my last baby, and I really have no excuse with Jaden! LOL!